- At AEX everybody is welcome and anybody can be whomever they want to be. To this end we want to create a welcoming and drama free environment for all to enjoy. As a result offensive behavior and harassment will not be tolerated and we will endeavour to exclude inappropriate conduct from the expo once it is brought to our attention.
- Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy and respect for private property.
- It is thus very important that if you are being harassed or are in any way endangered, you report it immediately so that the matter can be handled in an expeditious manner. We cannot address anything that we are not made aware of and we need whatever detail can be provided.
- If you feel you have been harassed or you feel that your personal safety or the safety of others is in jeopardy please find the nearest AEX volunteer. In an emergency please contact the Tunapuna Police Station 645-7573 or dial 999.
- If you see someone being harassed or taking inappropriate photos (where the target of the photo is unaware), we encourage you to speak up and say something. As a community, we need to come together, look out for one another, and make sure everyone is treated with respect.
- AEX reserves the right to revoke or suspend passes. If an individual breaks the rules of the expo, he or she may be barred from the expo, either for several hours (to sober up, perhaps) or for the rest of the event. If an individual breaks the law however he or she will be arrested.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the expo and refuse to refund your ticket for inappropriate behavior.
- You must wear your arm band passes at all times to be admitted to any expo event.
- We’ll offer sympathy, but AEX is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the expo.
- Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Every effort will be made to announce any changes via our fb page, website or other notice, but sometimes last-minute changes will occur.
- In general, no smoking is allowed anywhere within the expo venue. Eating and drinking is only allowed in designated areas.
- Please abide by our weapons policy: Real weapons are NOT allowed. All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times and no metal props are allowed. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated.
- Please do not abuse our hotels, guest houses or expo facilities. This includes defacing walls and causing any damage to the venue, appliances or equipment. We would love to host this expo again so help us to help you.
- Costumers: Please wear appropriate (or at least enough) clothing in the common areas. Please view our General Costume Rules for further information.
- All AEX attendees at the ALIAS Entertainment Expo are prevented from taking, recording, or creating film, or digital pictures, videos, tapes, sound recordings, or any other visual or auditory recreation of any kind whatsoever, of any AEX guest, member, volunteer, or employee, or of any AEX event, including but not limited to the AEX parade, any AEX forum, seminar, session, dance, or performance, for any commercial use, promotional, educational purpose or for the solicitation of funds for any commercial purpose, without the express written permission of ALIAS Entertainment. This also includes showcasing our official media for any promotional or commercial use.
- Assigned rooms will be cleared between each panel or workshop. As we have limited space, we ask for your cooperation and assistance with the following: Please listen to our volunteers when forming lines. Please do not start your own line for any event or form multiple lines for the same event. Any such lines will not be honored and you will be sent to the back of the official line started by our volunteers. The line for the NEXT panel can start forming only after the line for the CURRENT panel is inside and seated.**Exception – if it is the first panel/workshop of the day or in the unlikely event that the room does not have a current panel/workshop you may start lining up one hour prior to the start of the NEXT panel. Please be considerate of others and do not break in line. If you are pointed out we will send you to the end of the line. Please be considerate of those needing special assistance and allow them access to the areas set aside for them. Please do not sit in seats or areas marked for their use. Please do not run, fly, or teleport to your seat.
Please abide by the above rules and we promise you an epic time will be had by all!