General Costume Rules
- Costume must not be offensive racially or religiously.
- No Nudity is allowed, costumes must cover appropriate areas of the body.
- Management has the right to refuse admission
- Contestants to the Masquerade must be 18 yrs and over to enter or have parental permission to do so.
- Permission is granted for ALIAS to use photographs and videos of cosplayers at the ALIAS Entertainment Expo for future promotions.
- Please see Code of Conduct/Dress Code for information for those entering the pools.
Guidelines for Props
Only registered and approved props will be allowed inside. We would like to ensure a safe and fun environment for our attendees, whilst allowing cosplayers to demonstrate their hard work and craftsmanship. Thus all props must conform to the following guidelines.
- Completely Forbidden Items
- No metal weapons/props
- No real firearms, no props that use high velocity projectiles.
- Restricted Items (Permitted with limitations at the discretion of management)
- Props made from wood, cardboard, Styrofoam, rubber or other craft material
- Large props and costumes, regardless of construction material
- Props that fall under the “Restricted” category, which management feel would provide a risk to attendees, but which form an integral part of the costume or is beautifully crafted etc. COULD be allowed in. But stored until the contestant needs it for the photography session, competition or masquerade. We endeavour to be as understanding as possible.
- However misusing a prop or engaging in dangerous horseplay by swinging it around or sparring etc, is the fastest way to lose the privilege of carrying it at all!
- All props are subject to review by management and we reserve full discretion for confiscation. If in doubt please email us at email@example.com or check with security at the event.
ALL ATTENDEES ARE SUBJECT TO A SECURITY CHECK AT THE DOOR.